Tuesday, August 10, 2004

THIS is our "Opposition" Party?

Sigh... there ARE differences between Kerry and Bush (as said on Counterpunch, Kerry (aka Sen. Anyone) is taller), but he's trying his damnedest to extinguish any differences I care about... as if his milquetoast "opposition" to the Iraq War wasn't bad enough already...

(...and in a different, and dated, vein, Dean? Are you kidding me? HE was the progressive candidate? He opposed gay marriage! And he had the same approach as Kerry -- Iraq War was wrong, I would've had allies, I would get our troops out eventually... I frankly only believed in him as "The Great White Hope" for about 1 week. A little research showed him to be middle-of-the-road, just better at sounding progressive. At least IMHO (In My Humble Opinion).)

In Hindsight, Kerry Says He'd Still Vote for War

Challenged by President, Democrat Spells Out Stance
By Jim VandeHei
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, August 10, 2004; Page A01

(snip)Sen. John F. Kerry said Monday that he still would have voted to authorize the war in Iraq even if he had known then that U.S. and allied forces would not find weapons of mass destruction...

On Friday, Bush challenged Kerry to answer whether he would support the war "knowing what we know now" about the failure to find weapons of mass destruction that U.S. and British officials were certain were there.

In response, Kerry said: "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have.(snip)

As those great bards of South Park have said, "WHAT WHAT WHAT?"

No comments: